Lamar NortonBusiness Development
- 15 Years as Executive Director, GMA
- 30+ Years with Georgia Power
- Community Service, Development & Advocacy
- BS from Brenau University
- Sat on multiple boards and associations including Professional Association of Georgia Educators Trustees, Georgia Department of Community Affairs, Georgia Housing Finance Authority, Georgia Academy for Economic Development, Regional Leadership Institute, Regional Leadership Foundation, and many others.
- Named one of the most “Notable Georgians” by Georgia Trend Magazine, 2016
Lamar Norton, who served as the fifth Executive Director of the Georgia Municipal Association, most recently joined EOM Operations as a member of the Business Development team. Upon completing his service with the US Navy, Norton worked for the Georgia Power Company for over 30 years before joining GMA where he lead the organizations lobbying, training, and technical consulting service efforts for city officials. Norton most recently was honored with a resolution by the Georgia House of Representatives, awarded with the Georgia Key Citizen Award by GMA, and named one of the most “Notable Georgians” by Georgia Trend Magazine. Understanding the state-wide needs of municipalities, Norton will advocate the virtuous synergy necessary of public-private partnerships while with EOM.